It's so hard being an international (especially international Asian) in this country where they automatically discriminate you once they know you're international.
Well, that's how I feel at least.
Isn't that why it's easier to just hang out with people of the same circle or group as yourself, or other internationals who find it equally as hard to fit in with the white people?
Meh, IDK. Not all of them are racist. In fact probably none of them even are consciously discriminating you in their mind. But I feel it. And for someone who reads deeply into everything, including language and body language, I certainly feel it.
All the nuances, when to laugh, what to typically say, small talk.. Sigh.
So hard. Life is hard. Everything is hard.
Having to put ont that accent all the time. It feels so fake. Like these people, you can't be your normal self with. How can you ever become like super close with them?
I guess you can, but it's just not the same as being bestfriends with someone who gets your slang and jokes etc etc.
Wow, cross-cultural relationships must be so hard.
They are already hard for just friendships like mine, what more romantic ones. Hm
No comments:
Post a Comment