Wednesday, January 9, 2013

19.

I had a great birthday this year. Honestly.

But I'd just like to say something. The people around me definitely do not know my taste at all. But how can I blame them right? I don't even know my own taste!

I get two thick covered notebooks. Fine with those, college friends, well, study, study, study.
Then I get a Body Glove bag, a pink polka dotted 'handbag' and a belt and a bling bling chain.

Seriously. One is sort of sporty, one is sooo lala, and another is elegant, but I'm not sure if I'd wear it out.

Like, seriously. Do people really not know me that well?
I think during my past 18 or 19 years of existence, high school and teen life have not been my strongest points. Battling with understanding myself, never finding my clique, being tough but breaking down so much, being strong for others when you're not strong for your ownself.

I guess, I am a very confused person. And not just character wise, it now even comes down to materials and possessions! People honestly don't know me. And by that, I don't mean that they are people who don't care for me and don't take the time to know me. I'm saying that it is pretty hard to look at me and put me into a category, which is what I wanted in the first place. To be different. But I guess it has its cons. And I can't blame them, because even I don't even know my own self!

I don't know what I like, what I dislike. What I would wear. It's not like, oh, in my closet, I've chosen everything there. so much of it has been given by others, and it reflects their own taste, not mine. What I wear and don't wear is probably the only way I show my fashion sense or likes and dislikes.

So, I'm not saying I'm not grateful for all the gifts. But just looking at them one by one makes me think so many thoughts about how I've projected myself so far, and how people understand me.

IDK. It's just what I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment